Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Baby Dreams

Baby dreams are so cute!

You know when the baby is not quite asleep and smiles in her sleep and her eyes dart around. You know she is dreaming. And you know that the dream is wonderful and beautiful. She must be dreaming of angels or (my sister says) of Heaven. Or maybe lollipops, rainbows, and fairies. In all reality, she is probably dreaming of great, big, giant, milk-laden, boobs. Whatever she is dreaming of, you know that it is wonderful, and you watch her and smile.

This is often the case at our castle. The Princess is a big dreamer, and I love to watch her. It truly does make me smile.

But not last night! The poor girl was having a nightmare. It had to have been. She was definitely asleep, but she was crying. A poor little wimper. I thought at first that she was just waking up, but it kept going on. And on and on and on. I couldn't stand to watch her dream like that.

I had to pick her up. Even after I did, the crying did not stop. It took her about 10 minutes to get out of that state. It was very sad. But slowly the crying turned into a little wimper. And slowly the wimper stopped. And very soon the Princess was snoring, and back into peaceful sleep.

I hope the nightmare does not come back. I much prefer the dreams!

No comments: