Monday, February 11, 2008

Have You Fed Your Dog Today?

As a new mom, I have been trying to figure out how to get things done. The Princess is 5 months old now, and for 5 months my house has been a mess, there are no groceries in my pantry or refrigerator, and I have yet to take a shower (this is not entirely true, but now at 1 pm as I write, I am still in pjs and not showered!).

I find that I like to spend my time on the floor playing with the Princess. And when I am not playing with her, I am feeding her or changing a poopy diaper (shocking, I know).

There are often times when I have a lot planned for the day, and I am excited about getting things done. But then all of a sudden it is 5 pm, nothing on my list is accomplished, I am not even dressed for the day, and when the King says, "What's for dinner?" the only response I have is "What are you making?"

I really know it's been a rough day when I go to bed at night and think to myself, did I feed the royal hound today? Sadly, the answer is sometimes no. My life just seems hectic, and I forget to feed the poor dog (she does get feed on a regular basis, please don't turn me in for animal cruelty!).

These are the times I wonder, how can I get so little accomplished when all I do is play on the floor all day?

But I know that soon the Princess will be grown, and I will look back on the times we have together. I won't remember that the house wasn't clean. I won't remember that I didn't look my best.

I will remember playing on the floor with my Princess, blowing raspberries on her belly, playing with her tiny toes, and listening to her tiny little laugh.

Before I go play with my Princess again, I just need to ask you,

Have you fed your dog today?

No comments: